Exploring Entertainment in Florida's 850 & Beyond
The event has been rescheduled for November 2nd due to Tropical Storm Karen.
Walton Outdoors is excited to announce we will be hosting our annual Explore The Outdoors Festival on Oct. 5, 2013. The event will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the beautiful waterfront location of Live Oak Landing Outdoor Destination, 229 Pitts Avenue in Freeport, Florida.
This fun-filled day is geared towards introducing children to the wonders of exploring the outdoors. Hands on activities will include fishing, boating, kayaking, wildlife encounters, interactive educational exhibits, nature-based crafts and much more. The event is free. The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up.
Activities and presentations include:
• Fish Florida rod/reel giveaways for the first 140 attendees
• Fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
• Boat rides
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge wildlife exhibit
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission wildlife exhibit
• South Walton Turtle Watch exhibit
• Florida State Parks Topsail Hill Preserve State Park exhibit
• St. Andrew’s State Park exhibit
• Astronomy with Northwest Florida Astronomy
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Monarch butterfly migration tagging with wildlife naturalist Joe Wyatt
• Water safety with Freeport Fire and Rescue
• Nature based crafts with Freeport Planters and On The Coast Magazine
• Raffle for great items such two-night (off season) getaway in Northwest Florida from Wyndam Vacations, WonderWorks family passes and more
• Food and soft drinks available for purchase
• Great giveaways for the children