Exploring Entertainment in Florida's 850 & Beyond
If you like your metal on the experimental side (post-metal, progressive metal) then give VAREGO’s newest release a listen.
VAREGO is taken from an ancient word of the Ligurian territory (land in the North of Italy, where the band comes from, one of the most inspiring peninsula landscapes, with mountains close to the sea) whose meaning relates to the plant Euphorbia, typical of the region, with both therapeutic and poisonous effects. During Medieval times the word “avarregare” was used to describe the practice of poisoning rivers for catching fish.
Born in 2009 with a sound briefly compared to various Post Metal genres, VAREGO released “TUMULTUM”, their debut album, in 2012, which received positive feedback across the board. The band has now completed their new work, a natural progression of their esoteric concept, working again with producer BILLY ANDERSON and featuring a very special guest, a legend of contemporary music, JARBOE (ex SWANS).
‘Blindness of the Sun’ EP consists of four new songs of “sludge” and “progressive” sonorities, based on mysticism and spirituality.
– Produced by Billy Anderson (SLEEP, EYEHATEGOD) at Everything HZ Studios (Portland, USA).
– Special guest: JARBOE (ex Swans) on the song “Of Drowning Stars”.
– Featuring, on trumpets, the free-jazz artist Giovanni Sansone on the song “The Flight of the I”, known for his partnerships with well known acts on the Italian music scene such as CASINO ROYALE and LA CRUS.
– Cover artwork by the renowned artist Marco Castagnetto (ZenPunkArt.com).
– Limited edition 300 copies, in similar 7” jacket, entirely handmade packaging.
2. Secrets Untold
3. The Flight of the I
4. Of Drowning Stars
Learn more at: https://www.facebook.com/varego